Take the plunge!
Submerge yourself into an underwater construction zone cleaning, inspecting, and repairing. If you love the water and repairing things, commercial diving is the career for you.
What it Pays
- $53,990 median annual for mid-level experience in Los Angeles County
- $25.96-$40.26 hourly range in California, based on experience
What You'll Need
- Certification from an accredited diving school
Where to Find Local Programs
- Santa Barbara City College offers classes through its Marine Diving Technologies Program which is accredited by the Association of Commercial Diving Educators, the International Diving Schools Association and the National Association of underwater Instructors.
- National University Polytechnic Institute offers classes through its Commercial Diving Program